heaven on earth?

if there was one place an avid water sports nut would pick as "heavenly" it would have to be lake powell. we were lucky enough to go this past september, and we had a ball. the great thing about powell is the calm water factor; if the water is choppy cruise around for 10 minutes or so and you'll find the right stuff. wake up at 7 or 8am and there will be calm water, go out at dusk and it is still there waiting for you. calm water. glass. the good stuff.

going on this trip convinced me that we NEED a boat. my kids love the water, they are brave, and always waiting for their turn. i am not brave, i hate the water, but somewhere along the lines i learned to try to ignore the fear, and just get wet.

maui and roxy wakeboarding... riley wanted a turn soo badly, but it just didn't happen


here is me wakeboarding, it is fun, and when you only get to go every other summer, it is hard on your body.

here we see randy fishing (these are the fish that i am sooo afraid of - what if one actually touched my leg while i was in the water )

the house boat we rented, it was.... errrrr kind of clean, but way better then camping


the water weenie is for serious riders only: like roxy and riley



and while riding the weenie it is important to make the right facial expressions, take note of my face 3 heads back- always important to LOOK COOL


wake surfing is just like real surfing (kidding i have never been) but it is a lot of fun, and if you are just chillin holding the rope the whole time( that is how i ride) then it is relaxing and i would say easier then wakeboarding.... the point is to ride the wake, about 5-8 ft behind the boat, when riding the wake you don't hold the rope, and you just trail behind the boat. when done right it is awesome. brian was able to go for 3 or 4 minutes with out the rope. pretty cool.


A beautiful sunset!!

Relaxing around the campfire.

Comments

gretchen said…
You look like a pro on the wakeboard! How fun! The water weenie expressions made me laugh.
lisset said…
you seriously do look like pro. you are such a cool mom!
Alifinale said…
That is heaven on earth. I haven't been to the lake in far too long. I love that your kids love it. You all look like pros!
Amy said…
Dez you make me laugh. I'm glad you guys had a great time! That's the same looking boat my fam rented a while back for a week. It was one of the greatest weeks of my life!

Oh by the way -- nice pic. Way to show off your mad skillz!!!
Steffani said…
Hey you pro wakeboarder!!! Is that you I see jumping the wake! HELLO!!! You. Are. Amazing! I think you should get a boat and then you can invite us and we can help pay your gas!!! It's a win win!!! Did you have fun at BUNCO? I was pleasantly surprised!
susana kidd said…
Desi,
I just love your blog's layout. Maui did such a great job! We're so excited that you guys have a blog too. Awesome wakeboarding pics (like always) xoxoztjjos
Jill said…
what a fun trip! i am afraid of the water too, mainly the fish. i heard there are fish the size of vw bugs in that lake. it scarred me for life.

and that is a sweet shot of you :) no wonder your kids want a turn, you make it look so easy!
gretchen said…
Desi, I am anxious to hear what you thought about the Twilight movie.
Shannon said…
Found you! This looks like SO much fun... I havn't been boating since I last went with your fam back in high school like 14 or 15 years ago! The deprived life I live...
Anyway... glad to see you have a blog. We can keep in touch! Find mine at www.weaverfam.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

mi casa es su casa

Friday Night Lights