4months old


4 months and counting

Kamryn is 4 and half months old! Time is flying by. I thought I had better post what she's been up to, so I don't forget.

Rolling: My brother and his family came for New Years (from Las Vegas) and my lovely mom came too! She actually came a few days earlier, so we got to spend some QT with grandma. While she was hear Kami rolled over. A few days prior to this Kami had rolled from tummy to back like 2 times. But with Grandma here, she wanted to show off so she started rolling from back to tummy as well! Go Kamryn. This was right around her 4 month b-day.

Scooting: With Rolling comes scooting, and Kam loves to scoot all over, well with in a 2 foot radius of her blanket. Kami is rotating 180 degrees, and scooting off her blanket all the time. the best is when I find her rubbing her face into our carpet. Gross. I better bust out the carpet cleaner- like today!

Rice Cereal: Lucky for us, I actually recorded Kam's first experience with baby food. This was last night (1/12) and the kids got a kick out of it. Kami made the typical sour face after every bite, but she continued to eat it, and seemed to like it.

Sitting: Kami is not sitting yet. However when we prop her in the right position, she last in the sitting position for 30 seconds or so before her head finally collapses in front of her, near her feet. She's getting close!

Sleeping: Kami I believe is safe to label as our worst sleeper so far. The past few weeks I have been out of bed anywhere from 3-5 times a night, before I finally bring her back to bed with me. And even once she is sleeping all cuddled up to me, she still freaks out and has a good cry, almost every night, well this is usually morning 4 or 5am. I'm sure Maui appreciates this.

Kamryn is such a sweet little baby, we love having her in the family, and her siblings love her too. Even though Nixon has this crazy game where he calls kami "the bad guy" and enjoys throwing pillows at the "bad guy"... he loves her too, and enjoys holding her and laying by her and talking in her face, and of course trying to sneak her candy and fruit snacks.

Life with 4 kids is CRAZY, or it brings the CRAZY out in me, for sure. I said it after Nixon, "3 kids is hard." And I'll say it again after having Kamryn, 4 kids is hard. Perhaps now that I have written this down, I wont forget it. If in 1.5years, I start getting this crazy idea about having another baby, I'll just return to this blog entry and remember how crazy I felt with 4.

Being a mom is the only job I ever wanted, and if I got to do it over and pick again, I wouldn't do anything different. But it certainly is the most emotionally draining, time consuming, patience testing, job out there. My kids drive me crazy and push me to my limits every day, but for some crazy reason I wouldn't have it any other way. Having kids has forced me to prioritize my life and they help to remember that when I think I'm about to explode with anger or frustration all I need to do is kneel down and pray for forgiveness and help, and my Savior is always there to lift my burdens!
Love you kids, and love you Maui- thanks for putting up with my crap:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mi casa es su casa

heaven on earth?

Friday Night Lights