attention all cougar fans


when we go to the zoo we always take a few minutes in front of the cougar cage. i stare in amazement at those cats and know that they would love the chance to break out of that cage and attack us. they are powerful animals, and like all animals i do not like them.

several years ago, when we first moved out here to Eagle Mtn. there were plenty rumors of cougars, and even a few spottings. i have always been quite certain i would stumble accross one while jogging through the neighborhoods or up by the golf course. i have basically been waiting for this inevitable (that is really how i feel) meeting. now, don't get ahead of me, i have not come face to face with a cougar yet. but my neighbor did.

saturday afternoon one of roxy's friends house had 3 cop cars in front of it, and a little crowd of neighbors as well. roxy was begging to go over there and see what the trouble was. being the secretly nosy person that i am, i said no. but we continued to stare out the window.

turns out a cougar was running around the neighborhood and was finally cornered at this neighboring house, and had fallen into the window well, where they then tranquilized it.
the cougar was first seen in another persons window well, a few streets away. they called the cops and animal control peeps, and they chased it around for a while, where it then ended up 3 houses away from us.

CRAZY

after they knocked the cougar out all the neighborhood kids got photos with the cougar.

Click here to see the video clip.

Comments

gretchen said…
That is awesome. Between this and the deer story, you guys are really having some animal encounters! Love your blog, Desi!
Amy said…
I knew it. I KNEW IT. I knew this day would come. So glad I have a fence now!!
Beth said…
Okay this is so creepy! I am so terrified that a cougar is going to get me out here in the Ranches, and everyone laughs at me for it. I didn't know they freaked you out as much as they freak me out! I can't believe that happened so close to home...glad you didn't get eaten!

Popular posts from this blog

heaven on earth?

mi casa es su casa

Friday Night Lights