girls camp mania

I have been eating, drinking, and dreaming girls camp for the past few weeks. And out of our whole girls camp board (8 of us) I am doing the least... but my mind has definitely been taken over by girls camp. We started out with a modest 18-22 campers, and now just 8 days before we are up to 28. AHHH. That is alot to work with, and to accommodate for. I still can't believe it.


But the cool thing is I have seen first hand the Lord softening the Young Women's hearts, and providing ways for them to come. Girls we thought for sure would not come are coming! So even if it is 10 more girls then we thought, we are happy to have them!

So I get to go to Bear Lake and stay at this awesome play house. Pickleville play house to be exact. Our first counselor's family owns this cabin and the play house, and we get to use it for the week. So fun.

Our theme is BOOT camp. B- building O- on O- our T- testimonies. Its going to be a good mix of boot camp style activities and then a spiritual twist on it all. Our girls camp director is awesome and has thought of the most amazing ideas.

I'll finally be 30 weeks prego at Girls camp, so that gives me somthing else to look forward to. The last 10 weeks, go by quicker then the middle 10. Our second counselor will be at camp for the week too, and she is 24 weeks pregnant. 2 pregnant mama's at girls camp. What a sight.

Comments

gretchen said…
That's awesome Desi. I'm sure it will be an amazing experience for the Young Women. Good Luck!

Popular posts from this blog

mi casa es su casa

heaven on earth?

Friday Night Lights