lets do some hair

doing my girls hair is such a chore, and a crappy one at that. whenever i would put in the time, it was a total waste of time. b/c in a few short hours, what i managed to do with their hair had fallen out or simply looked redic (as quoted by kim-from kath and kim) to begin with.

in eagle mountain there were plenty of moms who magically made their little girls hair style look flawless. and now here in south jordan i see it too. i think it is actually a prerequisite for moms in utah....i'll look into that.

i didn't know how it was done, i guess i can barley do my own hair (so this might be where the problem began). my girls would not even sit still for pig tails, they hated having their hair combed, and frankly i hated doing it. usually by 11 am, we would venture down that road.

anyhow, i think i finally asked my friend Natalie how she did her daughters hair (or maybe she told me, b/c she felt so sorry at my pathetic attempts) she referenced me to the awesome blog about doing hair. obviously doing hair comes naturally to some, but not to me. so this blog with step by step instructions and pictures, was right up my ally.

seeing and reading how to do hair took care of one side of the problem, the other side was my time and energy. i initially thought, i don't want to spend 30 minutes doing there hair, nor do i want to fight for 30 minutes with each of them while trying to brush out the tangles.
however roxy was excited for a pretty hair style, i even let her view the blog and pick one out. riley was persuaded with the usually- candy.

to sum this up, here are some pictures of the hairdos i have done the past few days. i do think it is fun to try and do this stuff. i know they are far from perfect, but what the heck have a look.
and do visit the hair blog. it is a lot of fun and educational for some.







Comments

lisset said…
those pictures are so adorable. i love all the cute girly hair styles.
gretchen said…
You're so good to learn how to do this. They look so cute. I don't think I could ever do it.

Love the new blog header too, with the sharpie and ipod. :)
The Mauermans said…
I really like the first, third and fourth styles. You need to show me how to do those on Paige at FHE later this month. And did you find out the trick to making it stay put even if they rub their heads all over the place?
Anne=0)

Popular posts from this blog

heaven on earth?

mi casa es su casa

Friday Night Lights